New Delhi: The new Transport Application would be launched on a common portal which would provide a unified access to vehicle and driver related services. This was announced by the Union Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Shri Pon Radhakrishnan in the Lok Sabha.
The revamped Transport Application will be a unified, web-enabled and enhanced version of Vahan and Sarathi applications used for vehicle registration and driving licence respectively.
Its features include:
- All legacy RTO data to be migrated to the central platform.
- Common application with state-level configuration option.
- Enhancing the scope and quality of Government to Citizen, Government to Business and Government to Government services.
- More citizen and trade friendly. RTO visits to be minimized.
- More options for e-payment, SMS intimations, Open API, 3rd Party integration etc.
- Enhanced Information Services: Dashboard, MIS, Charts and Graphs.
- Overall improvement in performance, security, integrity, availability and cost-effectiveness.
- Emphasis on accountability, transparency, and user-friendliness for citizen and trade etc.
The integrated application will have a common User Management, Authentication System and Workflow Control for both types of services. Apart from the core RTO operations, the scope and functionality for Citizen and Trade centric services will also be integrated with the system.
The steps taken by the Government to reduce human interface in all such activities to bring transparency are:
- As part of the revamping process, the RTO-based local databases will be minimized and the whole system will be migrated to a Centralized platform which will have a proper mechanism for ensuring data security and integrity.
- There will be greater emphasis on Government to Citizen and Government to Business services which will enable citizen and trade to access services and information directly through the web and thus reduce RTO visits considerably.
- E-payments will replace cash collection at RTOs / roads to a much larger extent.
Vahan and Sarathi are application softwares developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC). Vahan caters to all the requirements for registration of any vehicle and Sarathi has been implemented to issue computerized Learner License, Permanent Driving License, Conductor License and Driving School license to the citizens.
Kerala IT News