Trivandrum: Representatives of IT professionals working in Technopark, Trivandrum; under the aegis of Prathidhwani, a Socio Cultural Organisation of Technopark Employees met Chief Minister, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan, who also holds the IT portfolio and submitted a list of demands and suggestions.
According to Rajev Krishnan, Secretary of Prathidhwani, “The CM assured he will look into our representation in detail. He also accepted our invitation to Technopark to interact with techies.”
Following is the list of demands and suggestions submitted for development of Technopark and IT in Kerala:
1. Increase the job opportunities in Technopark by inviting major Indian IT companies like Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra ,CTS, to Technopark / Technocity so that our experienced IT professionals don’t have to relocate to IT hubs like Bangalore because of inadequate opportunities here.
2. Invite Global players to Technopark like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Adobe, Accenture, Capgemini etc. so that Kerala becomes a major IT destination and hence attracts IT professionals from all over the world.
3. Formulate a clear year-wise IT business target in terms of Software / IT exports and domestic sales. The objective of the policy should be to make Kerala an IT Business hub and enhance the domestic IT enablement significantly.
4. There is need to have an umbrella business / enterprise organization to lead the IT business leap in Kerala. A new IT enterprise may be established in the public sector to lead this IT business opportunity.
5. Establish an IT research institution (to do practical research on the domestic IT enablement and lead innovation in the IT sector to address the needs of the State)
6. To facilitate continuous learning, open evening learning centres of universities to offer long term and short term technologically advanced course to reskill the experienced IT professionals.
7. Appoint a woman police officer at least Sub Inspector rank for Technopark – Kazhakoottam police station which will help women employees to communicate their problems much more effectively. Also allocate more facilities and new office for Police aid post at Technopark.
8. Six months maternity leave for IT employees.
9. Form an IT Employee Welfare Board for more than 1 lakh people working in IT sector in Kerala.
10. Job security and longevity of job is a matter of concern to most of the IT employees. Amend the labour rules for getting proper compensation for IT employees during job loss.
11. Schemes such as National Pension Scheme must be made mandatory for all permanent IT employees. It would be great if the government could introduce attractive and reliable pension scheme for private sector employees to benefit both.
12. Amend Gratuity rules. As employees are not working with one IT company for long time, consider the total experience while calculating the eligibility for Gratuity rather than considering the present company experience for the same.
13. Set up Kindergartens for children of employees inside Technopark Phase I, Phase II & Phase III
14. Stops for more trains at Kazhakoottam Railway station. This will help thousands of techies coming from other places.
15. KSRTC chain services through Technopark during morning and evening. Also request to restart the Shuttle service ‘Tech Express’ from Kazhakoottam Junction and Railway station.
16. Set up a branch of Public Library in Technopark.
17. The proposed Light Metro should include Technopark campus as one of the stations.
18. Request Government intervention to speed up the much delayed Taurus Downtown Technopark project announced in 2012.
19. Allocate special funds for infrastructure development near Technopark like Working Women’s hostels, housing schemes, children parks, parking spaces, Cultural centres, etc.
20. Constitute Special awards for Best employer in IT sector, Best HR practices, Best recruiter, most innovative company etc by State government.
21. Take adequate steps to protect the small river ‘Thettiyar’ inside Technopark Phase I and Phase III.
22. Protection wall for Technopark Phase III buildings.
23. Waste treatment plant for Phase II and Phase III. Also need to increase the capacity of sewage treatment plant inside Technopark Campus.
24. Widening of Kesavadasapuram –Sreekaryam – Kazhakoottam NH Road. Need an over bridge at Sreekaryam Junction as early as possible.
25. Widening of the following roads leading to Technopark: Karyavattom – Technopark Back Gate – Thrippadapuram – Arasummoodu – Kulathoor – Bypass. Chavadimukku – Engg College – Phase II.
26. Permanent Food Inspectors to ensure good quality of food is served in restaurants.
Kerala IT News