Trivandrum: Chief Minister, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan presented the IT policy framework of the Government of Kerala aiming to boost the IT sector driven economy in the State, in the Niyamasabha on March 15, 2017. In his address, the CM said “The Policy of the Government is to make use of the digital technology for the overall development of the State and to ensure quick and efficient delivery of all essential services. The State has the potential to bridge the digital divide prevalent.”
Objectives of the Kerala IT Policy Framework 2017:
- Establish Kerala as a preferred IT & ITES hub particularly in innovation based technologies and leverage ICT to contribute significantly to GDP and employment.
- Device Schemes to attract the Global IT players to the Parks in Kerala
- Create 1 crore Sq ft office space so as to provide employment directly or indirectly to 2.5 lakh people.
- Utilise the capabilities of the cooperative sector and the capital from diaspora (NRIs) to develop the Parks
- Maintain a steady annual growth in exports of IT & ITES service and products.
- Create a Science & technology driven ecosystem for R&D and Innovation to make Kerala a Knowledge society.
- Increase the quality and competitiveness of the small and medium IT enterprises and intervene to connect them to the international market
- Foster technology entrepreneurship culture and create a sustainable Start Up ecosystem by creating technology hubs
- Provide inclusive, affordable and accessible Electronic Service delivery system for public services. E-governance projects to be completed in a time-bound manner and made it under the purview of social audit.
- Ensure Universal Open access to data, information and knowledge resources in a digital domain. Enable access of content and ICT applications to the differently-abled
- Make the state 100% e-literate and utilize ICT in all walks of life to ensure equitable and inclusive development of the society
- Give special emphasis to and promote research and development in Malayalam language computing, and develop tools for the same
- Build a connected ecosystem of academic institutions leveraging Telepresence and Audio Conferencing, Online Portals and App based learning
- Develop a talent pool within the state in skills for sunrise industries and human resource capabilities for emerging and futuristic technologies. Create a talent pool of additional resources and increase the ICT employability index.
- Make IIITMK and ICFOSS Centres of Excellence for research and development and studies in IT sector
- [email protected] shall be strengthened and its experience shall be used to develop schemes for Higher education
- Create a safe framework for digital living in terms of cyber security, privacy and freedom of Internet, conduct training and awareness programs and promote electronic transactions
- Leverage IT in the day to day operations and in the delivery of services in Hospitals. Government hospitals shall be computerized and shall be connected through a network. The patient data shall be collected and utilized for effective planning and implementation of health activities while ensuring the privacy of citizens
- Adopt open source and open technologies in public domain and promote the same in SMEs and industry
- Manufacturing of electronics goods/components will be made possible among all (including housewives) by utilising schemes to transform the State to an electronic hub in the field of electronics production.
- Strengthen the operation of Keltron so as to regain the prominence it had in the past and adopt modernization and R&D to matchup with the developments in the Science and Technology Fronts.
- R&D institutions shall be established in areas of convergence of IT and Bio-Technology and the technologies shall be utilized to improve the quality of exports in fruits, vegetables fish and spices from Kerala.
Kerala IT News